Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Orleans and My Wonderful In-Laws


Today marks the two-year anniversary of my first visit to New Orleans to meet my new family, Rita and Tricia. I remember the day well. I was so nervous to meet the family because I wanted them to like me since I was engaged to their son. We flew in, I was warmly greeted by Rita and Tricia and I met the hot summer humidity upon exiting the airport. We were whisked off with a quick stop at Taco Bell to the house to drop off our luggage. Then we went over the Bobby and Lynn's to meet the family and friends. We had a delicious BBQ and shot off fireworks! The rest is history.

Rita and Tricia have been so kind to Damien and I over the past year with flights to visit them here in New Orleans and now letting us live with them for the summer. We have enjoyed all of the fun memories with the both of them and look forward to the new ones to come!


Happy 4th of July!

No comments: