Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Two Years

Damien and I have been married two years today! I can't believe it has been two years already because the time has flown by. We have enjoyed the past two years and I couldn't be any happier.

It's always fun to look back at pictures from the courtship. This is the evening we got engaged.
For those of you who don't know the story I will give you a shorter version.

I was leaving the next day for Sacramento to go to one of my best friend's weddings! I really wanted to be engaged before I went so I could show Val my ring! Damien told me earlier that day that he didn't want to propose that day because he wanted it to be a surprise, although I already knew we were going to get engaged soon. He told me we needed to talk and looked all sad as we drove to Manito Park (one of our favorite parks in Spokane to walk around). He sat me down on a rock and said, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I don't like where our relationship is at right now." I am freaking out thinking he is going to break up with me when he says "I don't want you to be my girlfriend. I would rather you be my wife." And he whips out the ring and asks me to marry him.


It was pretty crazy because one minute I am thinking he is going to break up with me and the next moment he proposes. He thought it was the best thing ever that I was freaking out. It all worked out though.

While getting our bridal pictures our photographer had us put our foreheads together for the picture and Damien came in really fast and bonked my forehead. This is the aftermath picture! Silly boy!


Thank you for a wonderful two years. I look forward to many more fun times. I love you Damien!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay so I commented but I don't think it posted. SO CONGRATS and I can't believe it's already been two years. WOW. Let me know when your back in Utah! Sounds like y'all are still having so much fun. Congrats again.