Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rock Climbing


Damien loves to rock climb and has been wanting to go for a while now. I wasn't sure if I would like it because I've never really been. He set up a basic lesson for us at an indoor rock climbing place just a few miles from where we live.

We had our lesson this past Saturday. It was pretty fun! I was a bit nervous at first because the walls were so high (60 ft.). After a while I got used to being way up there and it was pretty fun. I am even able to belay Damien without coming off the ground too much.


My favorite part was when I was belaying Damien and the top of the rope was secured on an overhang. Damien hadn't reached the overhang yet and he fell and came swinging out from the wall and hit a guy standing next to me who was belaying someone else. There was nothing I could do about it except push him back to the wall so he could hang on again for me to lower him to the ground. It was pretty funny though!

Now Damien is begging me to go back this week. We'll have to see. My body is still trying to recuperate from this first time.

1 comment:

Kasey Strong said...

Wow, you guys are so impressive!