Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Goal

My new goal is to try at least one new recipe a week until the week we move. (No, we still don't know where we are moving. Hopefully we will know by the end of April.) I started last week by trying three new recipes from my first issue of Clean Eating magazine. My in-laws got me a subscription for Christmas. I really like the magazine. They have a lot of healthy recipes that make you feel good after you eat them and the taste delicious.

I tried Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms, Lemon-Grilled Chicken & Bulgar Salad, and New Potatoes with Parsley & Chives. All three were very delicious! Here is my version of the Steamed Potatoes recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb. small potatoes (I used small red potatoes and quartered them)
  • 1 tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (I used fresh Italian parsley)
  • 1 tsp. dried chives or you can use 3 fresh chives
  • 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • salt
  • ground black pepper (optional)

1. Fill a pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place quartered potatoes into the boiling water, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender. About 10 to 15 minutes.

2. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add parsley, chives, oil, salt and pepper to taste and toss gently. Serve hot.

**You can change the amount of parsley and chives to fit your taste. The amounts given in the recipe are approximate. Also, you could always try other spices if you don't have parsley or chives on hand.

Enjoy!

For access to Clean Eating recipes, click here.

2 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

Another way I love quick and easy potatoes is to quarter them and sprinkle olive oil and spices (just like yours) over them and then spread the potatoes out on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15 mins. DELICIOus

Nal said...

Thanks for idea! That sounds delicious!