Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our Calling


I have forgot to mention that our "new" calling (as of October or November of last year) is family history consultants. At first when we got our calling, Damien and I didn't know that much about doing genealogy work, but we have been learning.

I am so excited because I have been able to find information on 38 family members so far! It is so exciting to find out information about your family and where you came from. It is so interesting to me and I love doing the research. I feel like I am solving a mystery every time I am searching for a new person and their family.



One of the best sites I've found for finding historical records like Census records and immigration records is Ancestry.com. It is a paid site, but if you live close to BYU you can access Ancestry for free on-campus in the library. You can also search EllisIsland.org for free if your ancestors immigrated through New York.

Damien has also found some information on his family and I think he is enjoying a bit too!

1 comment:

GeGe Denise said...

Natalia,

I think you are amazing!!!

denise