Thursday, May 20, 2010

New York City - Part 2

DAY 2

We went to the Met and got to see this old Egyptian temple. I think this was my favorite exhibit we saw.

We saw the armor and swords exhibit, modern art, Picasso, and some old European art.


Damien's old roommate Brandon and his wife Annie happened to be in NYC the same time we were. We were able to meet up and have dinner in Times Square. (Note: This was the evening before the bomb was discovered there.)


Dinner with the Zellers.


We visited the M&M store in Times Square. Three floors of M&Ms memorabilia and we got to try pretzel M&Ms. They weren't too shabby.

DAY 3

We had bagels for breakfast a couple of mornings at Murray's. They were so good! I've been craving some of those bagels since we've been back.


My great great grandmother died at the Ellis Island hospital about a month after she arrived in the US. She is buried in the Maple Grove Cemetery in Queens. We had the opportunity to go see the cemetery although we were unable to find her grave. We think it is an unmarked grave considering her circumstances.


This is the area we think she is buried in. It was so beautiful and peaceful.


I had to have a New York hot dog. It was delicious!


Damien sporting his new sunglasses.


We ate soup dumplings in China Town. Damien made us watch a video on how to eat soup dumplings. There is a correct way to eat them so that you avoid the humiliation of burning your mouth.


Here you can see what the dumplings look like. I'm trying to show correct technique here too.

DAY 4

We went to little Italy and ate some authentic New York-style pizza at Lombardi's.


We had a cannoli from the Cannoli King. I don't like cannolis at all, but I actually liked this one a lot!


1 comment:

GeGe Denise said...

I love New York so much...we have had the best times there! I must say you did it very well...made me miss Andy and Stefany...have fun in Atlanta.