Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Big Peach 5k


Damien and I ran our first 5k of the year. We had a lot of fun running it! The weather started out in the 50's but warmed right up! It was a fairly hilly course, but I think that may have helped our times. We set new personal records of about 26:30. Damien beat me by a few seconds but that's just because he saw the finish line before I did.


After completing the race I felt so good, like I could run another couple of miles. That was a really great feeling. I still remember the first 5k I ran while at BYU. When I finished I felt like I was going to die. I never had plans to run another 5k at that point, but I guess things can change. I'd trained more and had been eating healthier and it made all the difference! I'm even thinking about running a 10k in the fall. We'll see how it goes. Damien told me there is no way he's running it with me. I guess I'll just have a fan to cheer me on then.

No comments: