Friday, June 17, 2011

Raspberries

I just ate a huge handful of raspberries from Costco. Yum, they are so delicious! Definitely one of my favorite fruits! Every time I eat them they remind me of being a kid at my grandparents' house in Utah. They used to have a large raspberry patch in their backyard and every summer when we were there, we'd get to pick raspberries! I remember eating the sun-warmed raspberries right off the plant. Yes, I picked it off the plant first, but I didn't wait to wash them inside first.

Although, it might be a good idea to wash them first. This one time I was out in the patch picking and eating berries, when I was supposed to be collecting them for everyone to enjoy, and I started to chew this one. It was so gross, a little crunchy and very pungent. Yeah, there must have been a bug on that berry. If I would have washed it first, that bug probably wouldn't have been on there. That didn't stop me from eating them right off the plant though. After that, I just double checked to make sure there weren't any bugs on them before I popped them into my mouth.

Does anyone else love raspberries? Damien doesn't love them because of all the seeds. I was telling some girls at work how much I loved raspberries and they couldn't believe anybody actually liked them. Up to that point, I was under the impression that a lot of people like raspberries. I mean they sell them in huge containers at Costco. People have to be buying them for Costco to keep carrying them.

3 comments:

Becki said...

i'm with you i thought everyone liked them.

delicious.

Anonymous said...

What? Not everyone likes Rasberries? I love em.

Rasmussen Family said...

I LOVE raspberries. I eat them off the plants all the time too. i love them with chocolate cake:)