Friday, August 29, 2008

Muti-tasking While Exercising


(image courtesy of cartoonstock.com)

The other evening Damien and I went for a run and ran past a girl dressed in workout clothes, but she was slowly walking down the street talking on her cell phone. I have seen so many people doing this lately. I have probably seen 10 people doing this and none of them are out of breath or breathing heavily. I don't think you can count that as working out. The only thing on your body that is working is your mouth, which doesn't need to be worked more.

A really funny siting of this was at the BYU gym. This girl was laying stomach down on the weight machine to work her hamstrings. At first she looked like she was there to work out, but with a closer look I realized that she had her feet up and was enjoying just chatting on the phone. There was no exercise involved, but nice try!

I should start carrying my camera around so that I could get a collection of these crazy people. They need to learn what working out really is.

No comments: