Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Evening at the Gym

Last night Damien and I worked out at the gym. It was another eventful evening. This time I was laughing at the ridiculousness of other people instead of being annoyed. So here is the funny story. I was spotting Damien on the bench press and we look over at these three boys on one of the other bench presses to see that they have three tiny weights on each side of the bar: 10 lbs, 5 lbs, and 2 1/2 lbs. This means they were lifting 80 lbs. To help put this in perspective, I am only a 5ft 2 in tall female and I can bench press 60 lbs. To make matters better, some of the boys were having a tough time lifting the bar and had to have the others help them. I about died laughing and had to pretend like I was looking at something else while I was cracking up so they didn't feel bad, but it was SO funny!


This story reminded me of another time when I was weight lifting with Val, who is very buff! We had just finished with the machine to work your calves and look over to see this guy struggling to do the weight that Val had left on there. It is so funny when these scrawny little guys come in trying to be all manly and can barely lift any weight. I just can't help but laugh at them although it may be kind of mean.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember you telling the story of the calve man! HAHA.

Valerie said...

haha! It's so true! Or you'd get on and do the weight that some buff guy was doing. Hilarious!

Rasmussen Family said...

I love that you bring back all these memories from the BYU gym. Did I ever tell you I can't run anymore? Sad huh...now I just dance!