Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boba Drinks/Bubble Teas


Boba drinks or bubble teas are one of the best drinks ever! They are known as boba drinks here in Provo and bubble teas in New Orleans. These drinks are fruit flavored smoothie with black tapioca pearls mixed in the drink. Every time Damien and I go to New Orleans to visit Rita and Tricia, we always get at least one bubble tea. Damien introduced my to the taro root and coconut version which is my absolute favorite now. Damien read an article in the Daily Universe today that said they have the boba drinks at two restaurants here in the Provo, Orem area: Dew and Cooking Taste Right Cafe. Damien and I are going to try a boba drink tonight at Dew. I will let you know how it compares to the amazing bubble teas in New Orleans.

2 comments:

Becki said...

I had one of those in Chicago last time we were there. But I don't think the place I went made very good ones or something, and they had toooo much tapioca in it I started kind of gagging by the end.

but i enjoyed the experience! (and need to someday have a good one, so make sure you tell me how your taste testing goes)

Rachel said...

PROVO HAS BOBA?? I've been craving one since I left San Diego...let me know how these ones taste. My favorite is when the tapioca is flavored to match the drink. Like, peach boba balls and peach drink. Yum.