Saturday, July 4, 2009

More Nola


Here is a little update on the most recent happenings.

1. We are still playing Wii and we have the most fun when the whole family is involved!


2. We spent a Saturday in the French Quarter.

We woke up early so that we could make it to Petunia's for breakfast in the French Quarter. When we arrived at Petunia's, a guy greeted us and told us they had moved locations. He led us to a bar on Bourbon street, but we didn't believe him. (Later we found out it was a scam. Petunia's has closed its doors for good and that guy was just trying to get us to eat at his bar.) We made our way over to the Rib Room for breakfast that morning instead. Breakfast there was delicious!




We stopped to listen to some street performers. They were great!


And we stopped at an art gallery with this poster in front of their shop.


We saw these oysters in the window of a restaurant as we were passing by.


We saw the movie Up in 3-D!


3. We had Grandma Judy over for dinner and played card games one evening.


4. I've been sewing away! I made another quilt and a little baby dress! (No, I am not pregnant but have lots of pregnant friends and so I thought I would make a few pieces for gifts.)



5. Father's Day

Damien and I made strawberry pie early that morning.


That afternoon Damien and I went to our very first crawfish boil! The crawfish were delicious! You just have to get past seeing the little creatures looking at you, the guts, and peeling the shells off. I prefer my crawfish already peeled and cooked.






We celebrated at Bobby and Lynn's (Tricia's brother and his wife) with a BBQ and swimming.


Their dog had her puppies and they were only a week old. They still hadn't opened their eyes and they were adorable! Here is Christopher (Tricia's brother) with one of the puppies.


Paw Paw got a boom box for Father's Day. This is how he plans on listening to it:


6. I have tried a few things I normally wouldn't eat while down here. I tried King Crab, which I thought was gross. I really didn't like the fishy flavor. I tried edamame. I didn't like it, but I didn't dislike it. It was okay. And I tried Speckled Trout at a fish fry we went to. Some of Rita and Tricia's friends just bought a boat and went fishing that day. The trout wasn't too bad. It was covered in a tasty batter and fried. It was pretty good!

7. All of us have been regularly attending our jivamukti yoga class on Thursdays. Damien likes it so much that he practices at home.


8. So You Think You Can Dance held auditions here in New Orleans and so we drove by to see everyone waiting to try out while we were out for lunch. We love watching that show. They have some strange choreographers on that show though!

9. Although they have the concrete slab cleared next door and the land flattened, they haven't started construction yet. They did put the construction company's sign out, but it was in our yard. Damien was kind enough to put it back on the neighbors property and hammer it into the ground with this huge wooden hammer.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

1. Such a cute baby dress!
2. Love the new quilt
3. Was up good? Good enough for real theaters, or dollar theater/redbox?

Nal said...

Up was okay. It has a good message, but I would wait to see it until it comes to the dollar theater or rent it from redbox.