Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Farmers Market

On Saturday, Damien and I had the chance to go to the Dekalb Farmers Market and it was huge! They are open everyday of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas day. They have everything and anything you can imagine. All sorts of fruit and vegetables I have never seen before! Spices, pasta, foreign cheeses, and a meat market.

The meat market was quite interesting. The butchers were working there right in front of you cutting up fish and other pieces of meat. I was okay, although the smell of fish was strong, until we got around to the beef. As I was peering into the glass case as we walked by I was greeted be a large tub, and I mean LARGE tub, of these...


Yes, they are cow tongues. I lost my appetite for lunch at this point.

But it was a fun experience and I plan on returning soon. I have enjoyed some kiwi, blackberries, blueberries, and baguettes from here. All have been delicious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHA the farmer's market is the best! My mom goes like every week after work and I showed Adam that when we were in Georgia! I REALLLY REALLLY REALLY hope to see you on Friday! We are at the airport getting ready to come!

Rita said...

UGH! Isn't this what Damien had at Taqueria Corona?! Eeeewwwweee!

Nal said...

Yes, Damien did have those tongue tacos at Taqueria. I reminded him of that when we saw the tongues and he said he didn't think he would eat them again! I don't think he liked the texture.