Friday, January 16, 2009

Recap of November and December 2008

I just started posting again and so I have missed posting about some fun things that happened the past two months. Here is the recap:

1. In November I flew home for a three-day weekend. When I returned back to Provo, Damien greeted me at the airport with these beautiful tulips! This was quite the surprise since he rarely buys me flowers because I am so picky about them after working at Mountain Bloom.


2. Damien helped me make Christmas cookies to take to some of our friends. He actually shaped some of the cookies and dipped them in powdered sugar while wearing my apron! We ended up making fudge, fool's toffee, Mexican wedding cookies, and butter cookies. Here are some pictures:


3. Damien got an early Christmas gift from his mom and Tricia while we were in New Orleans for Thanksgiving. The only problem was that they had to ship it to us because it was too big to fit in our suitcases. He got a new LCD HD 32" TV. It came in a HUGE box and so we had to break it down to fit it in the trash can. We had a blast stomping the bubble wrap flat to fit in the trash too.


4. I got my wisdom tooth pulled out while I was home for Christmas. And yes, that is tooth as in a single tooth. I only had one wisdom tooth. We got really lucky because my dentist at home was able to fit me in before we left to come back to Utah and he only charged us $80 for everything! I also had two black stitches put in. It was the first time I have ever had stitches. My jaw is feeling much better now.

5. My brother Bean got married the day after Christmas which was also his birthday. I will have to post some pictures of that one I get them off of Damien's computer.

We flew to Spokane for Christmas and ended up flying in during a blizzard. Spokane had already had three feet of snow before we even arrived and it snowed about every day we were there. Damien got to shovel a couple of times a day to keep our walkway and driveway accessible. But we had a great time seeing my family and Damien's over the holidays!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Sounds like a good couple of months! That is too bad that you had to get your wisdom teeth out, but at least it was only one. And yes, please get some picks of Bean's wedding up soon. I want to see!! Oh, and I'm sure you guys are loving your new tv. I know we love ours!