Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cockroach Tales Continued

Before I even post about the AMAZING Coldplay concert we went to last night I must tell you about after we got back.

I was getting ready for bed and was walking out of the bathroom when I saw another cockroach in our trash walking around. They freak me out because they are so huge and they crawl very quickly. I have been so lucky as to not have one fly at me yet, but I still hate them. After begging Damien to either remove the trash can from the bathroom or kill the roach he went in and couldn't find it so he shoved his flip flop around in the trash to "smash it down." I told him to hand me my pillow because I was not sleeping anywhere close to that thing (the bathroom has a door that leads into the bedroom).

He finally went back into the bathroom, picked up the trash can and set it outside in the hall. He nonchalantly walks back into our bedroom, grabs his flip flop off the ground, walks into the bathroom, and I hear a smack. He then comes back in the room to report that when he had picked up the trash can, the roach had crawled onto his shorts and was on his shorts when he came back into our bedroom to grab his shoe! blah He went back into the bathroom brushed it off and killed it, leaving me to deal with a roach that was still moving and roach guts everywhere.

After that, I made him check himself for any other bugs that may be on him and then we laid down to go to sleep. I am pretty sure I laid there for quite a while trying to fall asleep thinking about where all of the roaches could be crawling up the bed or silently flying towards my face. I finally fell asleep, but have been paranoid ever since that I am going to see another one in the house soon.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

hahaha, sounds like you! That truly is disgusting though. I can't wait for you to come back home!