Friday, June 5, 2009

New Orleans Update


I still haven't found a job, although I haven't really been looking because I have been enjoying not having to work. In the meantime, I have been going on daily bike rides and working on a quilt for Damien. I am almost done with his quilt! I am still working on hand-stitching the edges of the quilt and then I will be done and post pictures for everyone to see it!

On another note, we have a gym membership to a great club down here and so we have been working out pretty regularly. Last Friday I went to my first yoga class with Rita, my mother-in-law, and yesterday to my second class. Damien and Tricia even came to yesterday's class with Rita and myself! It was such a good workout and I got to try some yoga moves I have never done before in the two classes. One of the poses is called bird of paradise. To give you some visuals, this is the pose preparing you for the final pose:

And this is the final bird of paradise pose:

We also did 500 downward facing dog poses and it was tough. I have also been able to try the headstand pose. I still need some practice before I get this one down though. For those who aren't into yoga, this is what the headstand pose looks like:

I forgot my temple recommend at home so Argie, our landlord, is sending it to me. We are planning on going to the temple in Baton Rouge soon. I haven't been to too many temples so this should be fun!

And the best news of all...my mom is coming to visit us in July! I am really excited for her to come and visit and show her around!

And, I have been having bubble teas like crazy! The taro coconut with soy milk and tapioca pearls are delicious! yum

P.S. We are going to see Coldplay and Snow Patrol in concert on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

AHh! So fun! I've been waiting for you to update! I can't wait to see the quilt (you'll have to teach me), and the yoga sounds awesome. And of course, I'm jealous of the boba drinks!! Bring me one home, okay?

Anonymous said...

Bird of Paradise is such a graceful pose. I haven’t been able to do it yet myself. Leeann Carey, an amazing teacher, has a great free yoga video on this pose. Thought your readers might want to check it out: http://www.planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/free-yoga-video-birds-of-paradise-pose/