Tuesday, June 9, 2009

La cucaracha, la cucaracha...

I'm going to update y'all on the latest happenings here in New Orleans.

1. I was getting ready to take a shower yesterday when I went to turn the shower on and
noticed a shadow of something fall a bit on the other side of the shower curtain. When I
examined it more closely I realized it was the shadow of a large roach. I had to hurry and put
some clothes on so that I could go get Damien to come and kill the roach. He did and it was
gross. I am glad I noticed the roach before I was in the shower because then I probably would
have had a heart attack!

2. I have been working on a quilt for Damien and I finished it yesterday!

Most of you have been to our tiny apartment in Provo and know there isn't much space to work on a quilt. It has been so nice to have a nice large area on the island in the kitchen to work on it. So I had to take a picture of my work area.


3. Cats are so cute when they curl up and sleep the afternoon away by the window.


This is Magoo, Rita and Tricia's cat. When he isn't sleeping he is begging us for more food.

4. They have crazy afternoon thunderstorms down here. The other day Rita and I decided to
go run a few errands which included making a stop at the grocery store. Just when we decided
to leave the house it started to pour rain. When we were leaving the grocery store, I waited
with the cart while Rita pulled the car up next to the curb. Well, we couldn't get the back
doors open on the car or the hatch on the back. Finally we realized the doors were locked and
got them unlocked and loaded the groceries. We were soaked by this point, but it wasn't our
last stop. We stopped at Frosty's to get some bubble teas. I was wearing flip flops and jeans
that day and when I stepped out into Frosty's parking lot. Almost my whole foot was covered
in water. I wanted to show y'all how much it was raining that day so I took a picture of my
sweatshirt when we got home. Here is the damage:

2 comments:

Rachel said...

love the quilt. hate the roach

Unknown said...

Can you make me a quilt? Seriously...it's amazing. I hope Damien likes it!