Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pictures from Nola

I copied some pictures from Rita and Tricia's camera onto my computer from the summer thus far and so I thought I should post a few of them. And talk a little bit more about what we have been up to.

When we arrived in New Orleans, Eden was still visiting so we got to spend some time with her! In the picture below, the three of us were helping out by doing some of the dishes. We had all just gotten out of bed that's why our hair looks so nice.


Tricia took Eden and I each on a motorcycle ride. Damien is still waiting for his ride.


Damien trying to catch a lizard on the back fence. They are too fast for him though.


Here I am on my motorcycle ride with Tricia.

We went to The Palace Cafe for Mother's Day to celebrate. For dessert Damien and I shared banana's foster, which they made table side.


And here is Eden with her dessert. I think she had something like chocolate mudslide cake. She let me have a bite and it was delicious!


Damien and me with our banana's foster. Yum ;)

Here is the group. From left to right: Paw Paw, Maw Maw, Tricia, Rita, Grandma Judy, Eden, me, and Damien.

Another group shot on the staircase.

Maw Maw bowling on the Wii. She was really concentrating so she could get a strike.

Paw Paw taking his turn bowling.

Eden, Rita, and I went to the River Walk and did a little shopping. Here Eden and I are out by the river.

And here we are again by the rainbow colored Volkswagen bus.


Damien wanted a haircut so I was trimming it up.


I always miss a few hairs and so I trim them when Damien finds them.


A typical morning.

He found another long hair that I missed.


Rita and Tricia have Wii Fit so every morning we wake up and take a body test to see how much damage was done the night before at dinner.

We got to go to the Greek Festival and Damien decided to model Rita's hat. He looks like a country bumpkin.


If you look behind us you can see the lambs roasting on a spit.

Rita, Damien, and I walking around at Greek Fest.

We got two boxes full of delicious Greek desserts including baklava. The one Damien is trying here tasted just like baklava with the syrupy walnut filling, but instead of the phyllo dough, it was wrapped in stuff that had the texture of shredded wheat.


The Hellenic dancers.

We also took a tour of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral there at Greek Fest. These pictures are from inside the cathedral.



Me, Damien, and Tricia outside of the cathedral.


Damien's face looks very ridiculous in this picture so I have to explain who he is imitating. We watched the last few episodes of American Idol in New Orleans and Rita and Tricia always said that Chris Allen looked like he had monkey lips when he sang. From then on we referred to Chris as Monkey Lips. While we were at Pupuseria eating lunch one day, yes it was the most authentic Mexican food you can get in the United States, we were talking about American Idol and Damien and Tricia were imitating him. Here is the picture of Damien.


Don't the faces look similar?

We have also been to the World Market. They sell some cool household decorations, food, and hats. Here is Damien modeling one of the hats!

The World Market also had this bacon chocolate bar. It looked disgusting.

While being down here in Nola we have also had the privilege of trying many delicious restaurants. One of them is called La Thai and they have really good food. As you can see in the picture, Damien is very excited to try the pineapple fried rice.

Here is one more picture from our swamp tour. We thought the boats weren't going to be covered so we brought our hats. The boat ended up being covered though so it wasn't too hot!

2 comments:

Becki said...

now natalya, be honest, HOW AUTHENTIC? Because if the sour cream wasn't runny, i just am not sure we can count it.

Nal said...

Really runny sour cream and they only served CORN tortillas, none of those fake flour tortillas.